Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of the COHC?
The purpose of the COHC is to serve as the community governing board for the Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) in Central Oregon; and Connect the CCO, patients, providers, Central Oregon, and resources.
Who serves on the COHC? Can I join?
You can meet our current Board of Directors here. Many other volunteers serve on committees, work groups, and task forces. Please contact us for more information about applying to serve on a committee. Thank you for your interest.
What does the COHC do?
The Central Oregon Health Council (COHC) is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt public and private community governance entity. We are dedicated to improving the health of the region and oversight of the Medicaid population and the Coordinated Care Organization (CCO). Senate Bill 204 officially created the COHC in 2011 to facilitate collaboration, regional planning, and community governance. The COHC serves as the governing entity over the region’s Coordinated Care Organization, PacificSource Community Solutions.
What is the Triple Aim?
The “Triple Aim” is a framework designed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement that describes a method for optimizing health system performance.
The Triple Aim is:
- Improving the patient experience of care;
- Improving the health of populations; and
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care.
The Triple Aim is a natural fit with the COHC’s vision and values. As a framework, it supports our strategic priority to adopt a population health-based approach to address issues in Central Oregon. For more information about the Triple Aim, click here.
What does the COHC care about?
The vision of the COHC is a healthier Central Oregon.
How is the COHC transparent to the community?
The COHC values openness and honesty in the governance and operations of our organization, as well as in our communications about the CCO. We take the following steps to be transparent to the community:
- Publish the names of those who serve on our Board of Directors
- Provide public comment time during public Board meetings
- Produce Board packets and make those packets available on our website and via a mailing list
- Hold public Community Advisory Council and Provider Engagement Panel meetings
- Solicit public input during the Regional Health Assessment and Regional Health Improvement Plan process
- Collaborate with community partners to share information and resources to better serve the community
If you have any questions, please contact us.
I want to contact PacificSource. How can I do that?
You can visit the PacificSource Community Solutions website. The regional office in Bend is located at 2965 NE Conners Avenue, Bend, Oregon 97701.
I’m looking for an internship opportunity. Can you help me?
The COHC occasionally has openings for undergraduate and graduate-level interns. Positions are typically unpaid. If you are interested in an internship opportunity, visit our “Get Involved” page.
I have suggestions. Who can I contact?
Thank you for your interest. Please connect with us here.