Work With Us
If you would like to join the Central Oregon Health Council, please take a look at our current open positions.
Central Oregon Health Council is seeking an Executive Director to lead their team! The Executive Director will provide effective leadership and management to the Central Oregon Health Council (COHC), supporting the governance entity (the Board) and guiding the various councils to success in the design, development, implementation, and study of strategic initiatives and imperatives in support of the Coordinated Care Organization and in service to the mission of better health, better care, and better value for healthcare in the Central Oregon region. The Executive Director shall promote and further the values, mission, and goals of the organization.
And you get to live in Bend, Oregon, the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
Develop and Maintain COHC Governance
- In conjunction with the COHC Board of Directors, build and maintain effective governance for the Board. Includes development of effective committee charters, role delineation, facilitation, and Board member and committee member development.
- Oversee Board training needs and ongoing educational support.
- Ensure, provide, and oversee effective staff and project support for the Board, Community Advisory Council, Provider Engagement Panel, and Operations Council, and other committees, workgroups, and task forces as and when formed by the Board.
- Monitor key initiatives on behalf of Board and committees.
- Ensure staff, Board, and committee members follow up on deliverables.
- Interact with PacificSource regarding development and reporting of global budget, shared deliverables, and CCO contract requirements.
- Provide input and content to help inform deliverables shared with community members.
- Summarize and present key performance and budget metrics (COHC, CCO, and other) to the Board on a regular basis.
- Serve as COHC’s liaison to OHA and other statewide workgroups or task forces, as applicable.
- Manage COHC’s legislative needs and advise the Board on legislative developments.
- Create and maintain governance calendars.
Maintain Stakeholder and Community Relations
- Maintain stakeholder outreach and engagement.
- Build and retain effective working partnerships in the community.
- Analyze current policies and determine opportunities for development of policies to support community work.
- Develop and maintain regular communication and relationships with CCO stakeholders.
- Take part in external activities, which may include serving on boards or committees for various organizations aligned with COHC goals and objectives or participating in grant activities.
- Identify and maximize opportunities to keep the general community and its leaders informed of the activities, goals, challenges, and successes of the COHC and seek opportunities for input and feedback from the region’s population.
Strategy and Planning
- In conjunction with the Board, develop and implement long-range plans, goals, and objectives for the COHC utilizing the Regional Health Improvement Plan (RHIP), COHC Strategic Plan, and other key documents as guides.
- Develop and implement investment and evaluation strategies for COHC projects and funding opportunities.
- Participate in, track, and support the development and implementation of key long-range plans, goals, and objectives for the COHC and CCO.
- Ensure stakeholder involvement and integration in decision-making, strategic planning, and budgeting for the COHC and CCO through communication, committee participation, and engagement.
Program Development and Implementation
- Develop and implement initiatives and projects, including transformation and integration projects. Track and review metrics and report results to the Board.
- Identify and access grant opportunities to fund initiatives aligned with COHC priorities and to support committee projects that advance the RHIP.
- Convene community stakeholders to develop the Regional Health Assessment and the RHIP.
- Track, manage, and fulfill COHC deliverables per the JMA.
- Align COHC staff work and resource management with the COHC’s mission, vision, and values.
- Supervise and support the COHC staff.
- Fulfill requirements of COHC’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage electronic storage and cloud storage system to ensure that essential documents are safely and securely maintained.
- Serve as the HIPAA compliance/security officer.
- Manage completion and submission of an annual Form 990 document and related state documents.
- As applicable, arrange, perform, or be responsible for COHC’s core corporate functions and maintenance of COHC as an entity, including required filings, budget, tax accounting, insurance, and legal.
- Adopt and implement operational COHC policies.
To apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com.