Behavioral Health: Identification and Awareness
1. Increase screenings for depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, and substance use disorders.
2. When screenings are positive, increase and improve primary care-based interventions, and, when appropriate, referrals and successful engagement in specialty services.
1. Normalize the public’s perception of accessing resources for depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, and substance use.
The following RHIP Health Indicator Metrics apply to the Behavioral Health: Identification and Awareness Workgroup:
1. Number of SBIRT/CRAFFT screenings provided in healthcare settings shall exceed 12% (Oregon Health Authority, 2015).
2. Number of Depression screenings and follow-up care provided in healthcare settings shall exceed 25% (Oregon Health Authority, 2015).
3. First year develop a baseline of successful referral and engagement in specialty care from primary care. Second year develop performance improvement benchmarks.
This group meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from 8:15-9:15am
Click here to view the charter for the Behavioral Health Identification and Awareness RHIP Workgroup.
About RHIP Workgroups
The Central Oregon Health Council assembled RHIP Workgroups, groups of community professionals focused on some aspect of the Regional Health Improvement Plan, in 2016 to strategize and address the RHIP Health Indicators for each area of focus.
Want to join the Behavioral Health: Identification and Awareness RHIP Workgroup?
Behavioral Health: Identification and Awareness Meeting Packets
Behavioral Health: Identification and Awareness Workgroup Members
Gwen Jones, MS, OTR/L (Organizer)
Central Oregon Health Council
Dawn E. Creach, MS
Deschutes County Behavioral Health
Janet Foliano, PsyD
St. Charles Health System
Mike Franz, MD
Sierra Groenewold, LPC
Jessica Jacks, MPH, CPS
Deschutes County Health Services
Katie Keck, LMFT
Rimrock Trails Adolescent Treatment Services
CAC Consumer Representative
Weeks Family Medicine
Kristi Nix, MD
High Lakes Healthcare
Laura Pennavaria, MD
St. Charles Medical Group
Jason Prinster, PhD
High Lakes Healthcare
Rick Treleaven, LCSW
BestCare Treatment Services