1. Improve oral health for pre- and post-natal women
1. Keep children cavity-free
The following RHIP Health Indicator Metrics apply to the Oral Health Workgroup:
1. By 2019, increase the percent of pre and postnatal women who had a dental visit from 55.2% to 60% (Baseline: PRAMS, 2011).
2. By 2019, increase the percent of children 6-14 years who received a dental sealant to 20% (Baseline: Oregon Health Authority, 2015).
3. By 2019, decrease the percent of 1st and 2nd graders with untreated dental decay in schools that participate in the School Dental Sealant Program by 5% (Baseline: School Dental Sealant Program, 2013-2014).
4. By 2019, decrease the percent of 8th graders who missed one or more hours of school due to going to the dentist because of tooth or mouth pain by 0.5% (Baseline: Oregon Health Teens Survey, 2013).
5. By 2019, increase the percent of children 0-5 years who received a dental service within the reporting year to 40% (Baseline: PRAMS, 2011).
This group meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 11am-12:30pm
Click here to view the charter for the Oral Health RHIP Workgroup.
This workgroup has not developed any materials yet.
About RHIP Workgroups
The Central Oregon Health Council assembled RHIP Workgroups, groups of community professionals focused on some aspect of the Regional Health Improvement Plan, in 2016 to strategize and address the RHIP Health Indicators for their pillar of the RHIP.
Want to join the Oral Health RHIP Workgroup?
Oral Health Meeting Packets
Oral Health Workgroup Members
Donna Mills (Organizer)
Central Oregon Health Council
Mary Ann Wren, BS, RDHEPP (Group Leader)
St. Charles Health Systems
Early Learning Hub
Richard Fixott, DDS, DABFO
Sharity Ludwig, EPDH, MS
La Pine Community Health Center
Heather Simmons, MPH