- Improve hypertension control
The following RHIP Health Indicator Metrics apply to the Cardiovascular Disease Clinical Workgroup:
- Increase the percentage of OHP participants with high blood pressure that is controlled (<140/90mmHg) from 64% to 68% (Baseline: QIM NQF 0018 – Controlling high blood pressure, 2014).
- Decrease the prevalence of cigarette smoking among adults from 18% to 16% (Baseline: Oregon BRFSS, 2010-13; QIM Cigarette Smoking Prevalence).
- Decrease the prevalence of smoking among 11th and 8th graders from 12% and 6%, respectively to 9% and 3%, respectively (Baseline: Oregon Healthy Teens Survey, 2013).
Divya Sharma, MD, MS
Medical Director; Primary Care Provider, COIPA; La Pine Community Health Center
Shiela Stewart, RN, BSN
Director Clinical Quality, Central Oregon IPA
Robert Ross, MD, MScEd
Physician, St. Charles Health System / Medical Group
Maria Hatcliffe, RN, MPH
Karen Ard, MPH
Tobacco Prevention and Education Program Coordinator, Deschutes County Health Services
Katie Plumb, MC
Prevention & Health Promotion Supervisor, Crook County Health Department
Alison Little, MD, MPH
Medicaid Medical Director, PacificSource Community Solutions
Mark Backus, MD, FACP
Cascade Internal Medicine Specialists
Ann Otteson, RN, DNP student
Gwen Jones, MS, OTR/L, Organizer
This group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7-8am
- Handout Size: Blood Pressure – Did You Know? (click here for this document in Spanish)
- Blood Pressure Sign (click here for this document in Spanish) (developed by Mosaic Medical)
- Quitting Tobacco Handout (click here for this document in Spanish)
- Oregon Quit Line Resource
- Tobacco Cessation Insurance Coverages: Central Oregon
Central Oregon Youth Tobacco Photovoice
The Central Oregon Youth Tobacco Photovoice Project will give voice to young people throughout the Central Oregon region about the harmful impacts of tobacco as they experience them. The project aims to empower and equip ...
Clinic and Community Hypertension Control Presentations
The Crook County Health Department was awarded a grant to help facilitate educational presentations regarding hypertension control in the Central Oregon region. The presentations will be given by Dr Mark Backus from Cascade Internal Medicine. ...
Blood Pressure Marketing Campaign
Nearly half of all adults in America, or approximately 82,000 in Central Oregon, have high blood pressure. Due to the lack of symptoms, many of them do not even know it. This campaign is aimed ...
The Central Oregon Health Council assembled RHIP Workgroups, groups of community professionals focused on some aspect of the Regional Health Improvement Plan, in 2016 to strategize and address the RHIP Health Indicators for each area of focus.