- Improve oral health for pre- and post-natal women
- Keep children cavity-free
The following RHIP Health Indicator Metrics apply to the Oral Health Workgroup:
- By 2019, increase the percent of pre and postnatal women who had a dental visit from 55.2% to 60% (Baseline: PRAMS, 2011).
- By 2019, increase the percent of children 6-14 years who received a dental sealant to 20% (Baseline: Oregon Health Authority, 2015).
- By 2019, decrease the percent of 1st and 2nd graders with untreated dental decay in schools that participate in the School Dental Sealant Program by 5% (Baseline: School Dental Sealant Program, 2013-2014).
- By 2019, decrease the percent of 8th graders who missed one or more hours of school due to going to the dentist because of tooth or mouth pain by 0.5% (Baseline: Oregon Health Teens Survey, 2013).
- By 2019, increase the percent of children 0-5 years who received a dental service within the reporting year to 40% (Baseline: PRAMS, 2011).
This workgroup has not developed any materials yet.
Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic
Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic has served the children and young adults of Central Oregon for more than 20 years. For the past 4 years, they have provided preventative services in both non-traditional settings (e.g., ...
Diabetes Point of Care Testing in Dental Setting
Advantage Dental will provide point of care testing in the dental office for diabetic patients and refer to primary care when HbA1c level is >9.0%. This service in the dental office includes education to patients ...
More Care: Weeks Family Medicine
Weeks Family Medicine provides comprehensive healthcare for individuals, families, pediatrics and Obstetric patients. We believe that it is imperative to also include dental to encompass full body care. By working in conjunction with Advantage Dental, ...
The Central Oregon Health Council assembled RHIP Workgroups, groups of community professionals focused on some aspect of the Regional Health Improvement Plan, in 2016 to strategize and address the RHIP Health Indicators for each area of focus.