- Create a bi-directional integration approach for people with severe substance use disorders.
- Implement a community standard for appropriate and responsible prescribing of Opioids and Benzodiazepines.
The following RHIP Health Indicator Metrics apply to the Behavioral Health: Substance Use and Chronic Pain Workgroup:
- Increase the rate of successful referrals from medical settings to specialty SUD services of people with moderate-to-severe SUDs.
- First year develop a baseline on the pharmacy, hospital, acute psychiatric, and emergency department expense related to people with moderate-to-severe SUDs. Second year set performance improvement benchmarks.
- First year develop a baseline for number of people receiving greater than 120 mg morphine equivalent for more than three months.
- Central Oregon Introduction Letter: Screening & Referring for Substance Use Disorders
- Substance Use Disorder Screening & Referral Algorithm: Central Oregon
- Outpatient Substance Use Resources Wallet Card
- Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Resource List
- SBIRT clinical support materials can be found at: www.sbirtoregon.org
- An excellent regional resource for both providers and the community are the efforts of the COHC’s Pain Standards Task Force, which can be found at: www.copainguide.org
Embedded Substance Use Disorder Positions Pilot
Through the support of the Central Oregon Health Council, BestCare is placing 2 full time embedded substance use clinicians including a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor and Certified Recovery Mentor in the St. Charles (Bend) ...
The mission of DAWNS House is to provide a safe and compassionate living option for homeless, newly sober women seeking long-term recovery. Providing guidance and assistance to help the women reclaim their lives, DAWNS House ...
The Central Oregon Health Council assembled RHIP Workgroups, groups of community professionals focused on some aspect of the Regional Health Improvement Plan, in 2016 to strategize and address the RHIP Health Indicators for each area of focus.