- Improve control of type 2 diabetes.
The following RHIP Health Indicator Metrics apply to the Diabetes Clinical Workgroup:
- Decrease the percentage of OHP participants 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had HbA1c >9.0% from a baseline of 14.7% to 11% (Baseline: QIM NQF 0059 – Diabetes: HbA1c Poor Control, 2014).
- Increase the percentage of OHP participants 18-75 years of age with diabetes who received an annual HbA1c test from a baseline of 77% to 87% (Baseline: NQF 0057 – Oregon State Performance Measure, 2014).
- Diabetes Materials Order Form
- Prediabetes Clinical Algorithm: Central Oregon
- A1c 6.5-8.9 Clinical Algorithm: Central Oregon
- A1c Above 9 Clinical Algorithm: Central Oregon
- Could You Be At Risk for Diabetes Handout (click here for this document in Spanish)
- Meal Planning Plate Method (click here for this document in Spanish)
- Central Oregon Nonprofit Community Resources for Preventing and Managing Type 2 Diabetes Booklet (click here for this document in Spanish)
- Grand Rounds Slides (3.3.17): Preventing a Chronic Disease by Management of Prediabetes
- PacificSource Insulin Coverage (January 2019)
- PacificSource Nonpreferred Drugs & Formulary Alternatives
- PacificSource Covered Diabetic Non-insulin Agents (January 2019)
Living Well Central Oregon
Living Well Central Oregon coordinates the Stanford Suite of Living Well chronic disease self-management classes across the region for patients with chronic pain, diabetes, and other medical conditions.
Diabetes Prevention Program
The goal of the Central Oregon Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in high-risk individual in Central Oregon. This is accomplished through a coordinated ...
Eat For Life
Eat for Life is a regional project that will provide mentorship, education, and financial support for patients with diabetes to manage their disease through proper nutrition. 160 patients who have an A1C level equal or ...
Veggie Rx Pilot
The High Desert Food & Farm Alliance’s (HDFFA) Veggie Rx pilot program is designed to improve the health of food insecure patients by providing them with vouchers for produce to increase their consumption of fresh ...
St. Charles Mobile Care Clinic
The St. Charles Mobile Care Clinic provides ongoing support for patients with poor control of diabetes to help improve self-management skills, identify barriers to care and reduce hospitalizations. Key components include: patient home visits with ...
Living Well Central Oregon
Living Well Central Oregon coordinates evidence-based self management programs, originally developed at Stanford University, in all communities across the tri-county region. Living Well workshops are 6 weeks long and focus on learning strategies and behaviors ...
The Central Oregon Health Council assembled RHIP Workgroups, groups of community professionals focused on some aspect of the Regional Health Improvement Plan, in 2016 to strategize and address the RHIP Health Indicators for each area of focus.